Sunday, September 27, 2015

Latitude Zero to Ground Zero

Alas my trip comes to an end and I have landed back in NY.  My experience has been amazing and I appreciate all those who have supported me in many ways including with prayers, financial support, donations, and encouragement!  With all of this you have very much been a part of all the good done here.  In total our team saw 1,135 patients including those for general exams, PT, optometry, and kids receiving fluoride treatments.  96 of those were evaluated and treated by me in PT.  I feel very blessed to love my job and what I do and even more so to be able to merge it with my passion for international missions. 

Susana, Project Director
A huge credit of thanks goes to Susana who is the project director here as well as a native to Ecuador.  In addition to spending 2 weeks a month on projects in different parts of the country, she also spends a lot of time making and keeping connections with local pastors and churches to set up clinics in their villages and advertise to the local people.  She also has to set up housing, food, and transportation.  This is in addition to seeing patients herself during the projects.  Her leadership and example in humble God-centered service is what made this trip a success!  

Gracias and Chou!!



Gracias
Chou!!






No comments:

Post a Comment